.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Tuesday's Monday
Hope everyone had a good Labor Day off. I didn't do much over the weekend, just chilled in, hung out with the girls on Sunday evening. On Sunday night, I rode along with D during his overnight shift, so I got to be an honorary officer for the night, lol. It was a pretty slow night, but he did have to respond to a sexual assault case which was soooo sad. I won't get into it just out of respect for the girl's privacy, but it was heart wrenching. It was fun to see police work up close and personal so to speak. It did remind me of how much I wanted to be a paramedic growing up, so today I'll be filling out the paper work to finish my EMT certification (started but never finished back in NY) and hopefully apply for a position with the county fire and rescue. That's one of those life dreams from so long ago that I was too scared to attempt. My mom always encouraged me, but I found so many excuses--all because I was scared that I may actually succeed and be good at it. Now's my chance to prove myself right.

Anyway, I'm back to work today in some kind of mood. Not bad, not good. Just reflective I suppose. I know this isn't for me. This place. But I'm making the best of it, and counting my blessings that I have the skills to be able to go in whatever direction I choose. And hopefully, I'll be in the back of an ambulance soon. From the first time D heard about my paramedic dreams he thought I was crazy for not going for it...and he's right. The longer I sit behind a desk, the more I realize that I hate it and everything it represents to me. I don't want to go through my life knowing that I could have done what I wanted to do, but didn't because I was scared of my own damn self. I can't bear the thought of having kids and explaining to them why mommy hates her job. So we'll see what happens. If I don't make it, at least I can say I did my best to make it happen.

But anyway, I'm just rambling. We didn't do anything yesterday except enjoy each other's company and chill outside with some grub. Just us, and I couldn't have asked for better. What did you all get into this holiday weekend? Any BBQ's, movies??


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you for going after a life long dream. You'll do fine! ...and good for D for standing by your side and supporting you!!

Glad you had a great weekend, mine was...interesting. I'll post about it soon. :-)

Have a great Tuesday!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I know you will succeed!!!

My weekend could have been a whole lot better.

Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

Awwww man...and here I was hoping that I could rub off some of my Happy Tuesday on everyone else.

SIGH...Better luck next time huh???

Being able to ride around with D while he worked...that had to be cool.

Girl...I shipped off my youngest to Barbados and partied like a rock-star. I have yet to come off of my natural high which I'm assuming is part of the reason I'm in such high spirits today :-)

Blogger AR Gal said...

Girl pursue that dream! As soon as I figure out what I want to be when I grow up I'll do the same thing. lol

Blogger Risa said...

Please don't get trapped into a job you don't like......go fo the GOLD!!!!!I wish I had did the same myself. You got a good head on your shoulders and the "world is yours for the taking"!
Malieta:)

Blogger Organized Noise said...

You may not have done much this weekend, but still did more than I did. I spent the entire weekend in the house watching movies and playing video games.

Blogger BK said...

congrats on making that move.. FYI some counties in the area pay for you to go to EMT school once you are on.. *get at me I can giveyou some info*..

I just cooked and chilled at home :) saw WAR.. which was a great movie!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer