.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, June 22, 2007
How come...?
Because it's Friday and I'm lazy, here are some of the (stupid) questions on my mind...

-How come tourists forget that not all of us are on vacation? We live and work here dammit, get out of the way. NO I don't want to take your picture in front of the Metro sign.

-How come management gets all tight lipped when they have to fire someone on your team, but the next week they're talkin all kinds of shit about that person. Unprofessional maybe?

-How come I saw a lady wearing a suit pushing a stroller this morning but there was no baby inside--just a case of Heineken? And she was smoking a Black n' Mild. Hmmmm

-How come one of my credit cards expired on May 31 and I still haven't received the new one. And every time I call, the people say "it's on it's way". I just called, and they're deactivating the one that was on it's way and sending me a new one overnight with delivery confirmation. It's a shame I had to get almost ign'ant to get some decent service

-How come I keep hearing Mo'nique on the radio?

-How come when I go to buy shoes, my size is always sold out?

-How come it seems like certain races of people weren't meant to be drivers and shouldn't be allowed on the road? I'm not being hateful or racist, I'm just going on pure observation.

-How come people get offended when people can't pronounce their name properly the first time they see it. Yesterday, some woman got mad when I called and asked for her and screwed her name up...it's spelled Aphiysiza. WTF is that?

-How come traffic can be moving at a good clip, but the moment you realize that you have to pee, it comes to a grinding halt?

-How come some women tell me that I should just let myself go completely since I have a man? Damn, is it okay for me to want to look good for ME??

-How come so many people lie about being in a Greek organization? Everyone knows you're lying, so stop the games.

-How come so many people think it's okay to say to me and other New Yorkers, "Yall are some loud people. Within 5 minutes of talkin to you, we know you're from NY. Yall are so daggone RUDE"? Damn, we aren't all like that (all the time anyway).

-How come I saw a beaver in front of my apt. complex yesterday? I think it was a beaver anyway. I wasn't trying to stick around to find out.

-How come it's not time for me to leave work yet!? I'm can taste my margarita now. Happy hour is not coming quick enough!


What are your plans for the weekend? I'll be enjoying some fun times with the girls tonight and tomorrow and house hunting with D on Sunday. Whatever you get into, have fun and be safe!


11 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

wearing a suit pushing a stroller w/no baby inside--just a case of Heineken, smoking a Black n' Mild! that is possibly the funniest paragraph of the day. insanity!!! i hate when people lie about being greek. Aphiysiza was probably just having a bad day. i don't get annoyed when people mispronounce/misspell my name unless i've been seeing/getting that all day and finally i snap on some unsuspecting person. or she could just be crazy. either way.

the first person i met who lied about being in my org i was so confused. i'm like but for what tho? what do you gain by lying? so lame.

Blogger Minerva Exertion said...

I hate when people think it's ok to say to me and other Southerners that we're "country".

Asphyxia needs to get a grip. She's probably mad because her name is so f*ucked up.

Blogger JustMeWriting said...

HAHAHAHA... that was so funny. That lady with the beer in the stroller wa s TOOOO FUNNY....lol. I'm not doing much of anything this week, just hanging with the kids...which I really do love doing...lol. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

LMAO about the lady with the baby stroller with a case of heineken in it while smoking a black and mild.

Girl....lemme find out we live a couple of houses away from each other...

Everytime you give me a visual of someone I swear I seen em' at some point during my day.

HILARIOUS!!!

Hope your weekend is wonderful!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come it seems like certain races of people weren't meant to be drivers and shouldn't be allowed on the road? I'm not being hateful or racist, I'm just going on pure observation.


Ha ha....how come I believe I know exactly which race(s) you are referring to?

Why are people STILL lying about being in a greek org?? That ish is soooo stupid and sooooo unecessary.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good questions, in general. DC is tourist heaven - please be indulgent to the hoards of people who just want to live the dream (like you).

If I could be so bold, even though it's none of my damn business...

Take it from someone who's been there, done it, and has the scars. Don't buy property with anyone unless you're married to them.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very perplexed by the pronounciation of this chick's name. I'm really good with the 20 letter almost 14 syllable words listed in ingredients in commercial products like shampoo. Can you puh-leeze spell it out phonetically? I know I sound horrible now.
but it's kinda like knowing you know the song, and you saw the video but can't name the name of who sang it. ya know?

Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

Chick with liquor in the stroller was probably planning for her "kid's" party...y'know, the one that goes from 3 to ??? and where there are more adults than kids?

"-How come I saw a beaver in front of my apt. complex yesterday? I think it was a beaver anyway. I wasn't trying to stick around to find out."

I saw a raccoon at Fort Totten Station (my first time ever seeing a raccoon up close) and everyone else was going about their day as if it was no big deal. That thing creeped me out.

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

A suit and a baby stroller with beer in it..not a good look LOL

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Blogger dc_speaks said...

lol...people ask you to take pictures all like that? wow.

glad they don't ask me...i would do a scene from a chappelles show.

hahahaha..they would be scarred for life

Blogger Ladynay said...

A beaver in the DC metro? Get outta here! I wouldn't have stayed around either...

So ummm...what's with the proposal story?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer