.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Gracious
With all the stuff I've been trying to deal with the last few weeks concerning my parents, especially the last few days, I've been less than enjoyable to be around. I don't know how D has managed to deal with me, but he's done a great job...

Hunny,
Thank you so much for being there with me as I go through this hard time. I'm sure there are plenty of other things you'd rather be doing than wiping tears from my eyes and hugging me when I'm shaking like a leaf from crying so hard. Thank you so much for assuring me that I'm still beautiful through tears and snot and kleenex. Thank you for continuing to hold me up when I feel like I can't take much more. Thank you for being willing to fight through all of this with me, and for allowing some of this to fall on your shoulders because you know mine are getting weak. Thank you for making your arms the safest, most comfortable place in the world.

You could very easily judge me and consider me less than, because you know exactly who's who in your world. But you don't, and neither does any of your family. I was afraid if you told your mom that she'd get to thinking I was some low-life ghetto trash, but instead she gave me the biggest hug anyone has ever given me, and she and your dad told me that if I needed a set of parents--a mom and a dad--here in MD cuz my mom and stepdaddy are so far away in NY that they consider me their daughter. That means more to me than I can properly express to you.

You've made it so easy for me to share my ups, downs, and indifferences with you and since I made this discovery, you've been nothing less than amazing. Thank you for calling my mom and having her mail my Glowworm to me when you saw me curled up in a fetal position crying my eyes out. That toy was like a security blanket for me as I watched my parents fight and what not when I was little, so it means soo much that you listened and knew what would help me smile.

Thanks for being willing to help me figure out how to ask the difficult questions of my family, and being willing to stand beside me as I try to get the words out. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to do that, but I know the day is coming, and knowing that I don't have to do it alone means so much.

I could go on and on, but there really is no need. Thank you for being amazing. I love you!


8 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

AWWWW...I know if you print this out and let him read it we wont hear from you for about a month LOL

Blogger BK said...

ok give him a hug for me and tell him I SAID.. dats what I'm talkin bout!!!!


real men stand up!

congratulations Tasha.. for this time you are NOT alone

Blogger Ladynay said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I hope you had him read this or printed him a copy.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tash-

You're lucky to have such a good man in your life. Please don't spend too much time crying. You're a pretty girl and we all like seeing your smile!!

Blogger Jameil said...

awwwwwwwwwww!! thanks hunny! i love when my blog folk have good people in their lives.

Blogger Miz JJ said...

Loves it. So sweet.

Blogger Paula D. said...

That was very sweet!

Blogger JustMeWriting said...

that was truely wonderful...I love when we Queens acknowledge and openly appreciate our Kings. Love is so amazing and even moreso when we recognize it...be strong remember you're TOO blessed to be stressed...take your burdens to the Lord and leave them.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer