.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Happy Easter
It's Easter Sunday, and the first in my life that I haven't been at home with my family. My parent are in Jamaica for a funeral, so I couldn't go to NY to be with them, and although I could go have dinner with my brother or any of my other family, I know it wouldn't be the same so I'm not. I'm going to have dinner with Hunny's family, and I'm kinda looking forward to the blank stares that I know I will be receiving from a few of the people that will be there (mostly his dad's side of the family).

It's kinda hard being away from my mom at Easter, since this is a hard holiday for the both of us. This was one of the last times we saw her mom healthy before she passed away, so we always sit and reminisce. There's a small part of me that hates this holiday now because we're celebrating Jesus being resurrected, but the same couldn't happen for my gramma. Not three days later, not three years later. *sigh*

For five years before I moved here, I was the Easter Bunny incarnate. My mom's sorority holds an egg hunt the day before Easter, and after one of their members moved away, they persuaded me to dress up. I lifted up more children and dug up more eggs than I can possibly count, and truthfully it was fun. "Are you really the easter bunny???" and "Can you give me a hug Ms. Easter Bunny?" and "I love you Bunny!". I loved knowing that me in a crazy costume made so many little kids happy. Even though a few times, it was about a hundred and hell degrees in that costume, I still was more than happy to do it.

Anyway, I hope the Easter Bunny treats all of you well. After dinner, I'll be digging into the basket my Godmother sent and tearing up all those jellybeans and that chocolate bunny. If you don't celebrate Easter, have a great Sunday!


4 Comments:

Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

Nice post! And happy bunny day! It's my first easter away from the family too and I'm just spending some quality time by myself. With the good ol' cat and computer. :)

Blogger BK said...

Ooooh Tasha!!! Happy Easter...

*making mental note to convince you to dress up as Easter Bunny next year* LOL :)

You will be ok.. this too shall pass!!!! Enjoy your time with your hunny INCLUDING the blank stares.. :)

Remember you said.. we must not know bout you.. and they don't either!!!! Kill em ma!

Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

I'm sorry for your grandmother's passing, but know she'll always be there in spirit.

Enjoy the rest of the day...and those jellybeans and chocolate bunny!

Blogger Jameil said...

i loooooooooove easter egg hunts. they should totally have them for adults.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer