.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
What in all the hell...
is wrong with the Spears family? I just read that Bri.tney's 16-year old sister Jam.ie Ly.n.n who stars in her own show on Nicke.lode.on is pregnant by her 19-year old long-term and live-in boyfriend (read here).

Ok, now I got into some shit when I was that age, but at least I had a mother who cared enough to make sure that the shit I got into wasn't completely life-changing to that degree. What kind of parent allows their minor child to have a live-in boyfriend?? And the boyfriend is of majority age (over 18)?! What in the name of everything good?

And they met in church they say; I guess they don't believe in birth control for religious reasons. But this is where my confusion about this subject sets in. It's not okay to use birth control, but it's okay for a man of majority age to impregnate a young woman out of wedlock? There's no fire and brimstone 'you're going to hell in a handbasket' sermon for that? I need help understanding.

Stuff like this is exactly why I'm not surprised that I have a girlfriend who is a 29-year old grandmother of a 2-year old and a 6-month old. Trust, I'm not the morality police (Y'all know I've been through some shit in my life), but at some point you really have to ask what's happening in our society where this is alright, accepted, and seen as no big deal.

*sigh*This is why birth control is A-ok in my book. People need to stop hiding the truth from their kids. You have to be prepared to talk about sex and arm them for life in the real world. All actions have consequences, and kids need to learn that. Thanks mom for having that talk with me at a fairly young age and being real with me and not sugar coating anything. Thanks even more for brining me to work and allowing me to watch a live birth at age 10. You got your point across.


15 Comments:

Blogger Adei von K said...

yeah, i just read it at YBF... madness. i didn't know she was that young!

love your "he can be an older live in bf, but no birth control? point...

something is wrong with this generation. in our mothers' day, girls were ashamed to be preg before marriage and the family sent them away. now, people have mag covers!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

29 year old grandmother! I don't know what else to say after that.

Blogger Ladynay said...

Did you say a grandmother at 29? With 2 grandbabies? Man oh man! We saw a video in elementary school called the Joy of Life or something like that and at the end they showed a woman giving birth, nooks, crannies and everything.

Blogger Ladynay said...

Did you say a grandmother at 29? With 2 grandbabies? Man oh man! We saw a video in elementary school called the Joy of Life or something like that and at the end they showed a woman giving birth, nooks, crannies and everything.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please elaborate on how a 29 year old is a grandmother of a 2 year old and a 6 month old?

When did she have her child(ren) and when did that child(ren) have theirs?

I am floored by this.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think the mother would have been more protective of Jamie Lynn after watching Britney go through her mess. Best believe her nickelodeon career is over.

When did it ever become acceptable for a minor child to have a live-in boyfriend? Her mother shouldn't be surprise at all b/c she allowed this type of behavior. Guess you can take the person out the trailer park but you can't take out the trash.

I believe in birth control for kids too if they are having sex. Best believe if I know my *future* daughter is having sex, we going to the clinic for some pills. Better safe than sorry.

I'm dumbfounded at someone being a grandmother twice at the age of 29. Please tell me you are joking b/c that's not right.

Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

I can't speak for nobody else but ummm I was actually waiting for this to happen.

Hell from where I'm standing...it was only a matter of time anyway.

Blogger Tasha said...

About the 29 year old grandmother...I've written about her before. She was 13 when she had her son, and that son has a 2 year old of his own (he's 16 now). Her daughter, who is now 14 has a 2-month old baby. Sad.

Blogger Tasha said...

About the 29 year old grandmother...I've written about her before. She was 13 when she had her son, and that son has a 2 year old of his own (he's 16 now). Her daughter, who is now 14 has a 2-month old baby. Sad.

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I read that and to be honest it explains so much about Britney and I aint even tryin to be funny...but come on when I was 16 I hadn't even had sex yet LOL

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least the girls still have Raven-Symone' to look up to. I pray that she stays on the right track.

Blogger AR Gal said...

PREACH!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Along your lines of "fire and brimstone" and 'you're going to hell in a handbasket' sermon...where are all the religious folks that are telling us to boycott her show like all the others???

I'm still waiting for that one...
...but, apparently it's ok...cuss...you know, they met in church, are religious and what not.
Whatever, lol.

I AM wondering,though, if the 18yr old will be charged with a sex crime. They did that to my friends ex-boyfriend when the girl he met was IN A BAR, drinking drinks, and smoking...he thought she was legal. Turns out...she wasn't...and he has to be on the sex offenders list for life...darn shame.

And the lesson of the day...request to see someone's ID before you hop in the sack with them... LOL, just sad...

Blogger Enchantress said...

29? I was just starting to understand who I was at 29...and she has grandkids?! Oh, my head hurts.

That Hollyweird culture is going to be the ruin of so many young lives. Morales be damned in that place...truly.

Blogger Ladynay said...

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer