.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Wednesday Randoms
-It's 6:26 AM right now, and I don't have to be up for another 30 minutes but I'm up, so I figured I'd blog now cuz the plantation's been monitoring everyone's web activity.

-I'm happy to be going to see the fam in BK this weekend. Me and D will finally get to see my new niece!

-I'm mad that some lil kid overheard my conversation and that I have cancer and asked all loud why I still have hair. His mother didn't see anything wrong with the line of questioning and actually wanted the answer. I didn't have it in me to argue right then so I just walked away. Have some decorum people.

-It's eating me up inside that it's getting harder to talk to my mother about anything. Last night I told her that I got a call from my father and she just changed the subject. Me: "Pop called me last night" Her: "I went to yoga today." Me: "Pop called me last night" Her: "I said went to yoga today". Me: "I have to go"

-It's that time of year when old friends find each other. In the last week, I've gotten 4 or 5 emails/calls/facebook requests from people I haven't seen in years and I've been looking for.

-Sometimes even when I have a lot of people around me, I still feel alone. Like no one really wants to hear what I have to say, or no one is patient enough to listen. So I say nothing, and sometimes being made to say nothing hurts worse than any verbal insult.

-Is it bad that because of work I can't go home for Christmas or Thanksgiving and I'm not particularly sad? See above about not talking to my mom. It's not home when I can't talk to my best friend.

-I have recruiters chasing me right now for some important positions. I haven't been at the new place quite a year yet, but this is probably going to be the best career move for me. I'mma schedule some meetings to see what we can make of this.

-Why is it that my car becomes due for an oil change a week and a half after the coupon for a free oil change from the dealership expires? I guess I could have jumped on it sooner though, lol.

-I need it to stay consistently chilly in the urrea, cuz I have some fabulous new fall outfits to wear, and I don't feel right wearing them when it's 60 degrees during the day.

That's all I got right now


14 Comments:

Blogger Enchantress said...

Totally uncool what that kid did. Parents need to keep their children in check. I correct mine and I make no apologies for it, even if they are embarrassed. They'll be better in the long run.

Me too! I'm always like, "Dang! That Firestone coupon expired last week." One day, will get the jump on those blasted coupons. :)

Good luck with the holidays and work. You never know! Some good could come from it that you're totally not expecting.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you are doing well and I hope you have a great holiday season nonetheless. My mother pissed me off so badly earlier this week, I've been tempted to stay up here by my self!! Maybe you never will be able to talk to your moms about your dad...you know? Would that be horribly unbearable? At least you can talk to your honeybunch about it.

Blogger Jameil said...

bite your tongue!! or pass some of that 60 degree wx this way!! lol. it'll be cold soon enough for me. i'm on the fence abt not getting home for the holidays. but i would like a visitor here. you can get an early oil change. a week isn't a big deal. esp. if you drive a lot.

Blogger Shai said...

I feel ya on the alone thing and the mom thing. My mom is not my bestfriend and it is hard to talk to her. Has your mom always been like this or has it been lately?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for not acknowledging the kid OR the parent. I guess you know where he gets it from. How tacky.

Sometimes it's better to not have anyone around and just be by your lonesome.

Good luck with the job situations. It's so awesome that you've got some options.

Hush your mouth! I'm trying to hang on to warm weather as long a possible.

master is a mutha f...... and face book, thats for real, i thought that was spam LOL

Blogger Rich Fitzgerald said...

Wow, I didn't know about the cancer. I sincerely hope you beat it.

As for mom, she may still have some pain where dad is concerned, so give her a little grace. Sometimes we have to be strong for them as opposed to them always being it for us.

In Feb 08' CapCity is having a book release party for Bloggers' Delight, maybe you and D will come and I'll get to meet La Bella Noire -- I love meeting folks.

Blogger AR Gal said...

I'll tell you what's really random! lol I just finished my post on random stuff before I came by to visit.

Soooo stran-jay!!

I cannot believe the mom of that little kid didn't not correct him of his rudeness. I understand that he was just being curious and didn't know he was being rude (no thanks to his mama) but still.....

Each one, teach one....especially your own.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sometimes even when I have a lot of people around me, I still feel alone. Like no one really wants to hear what I have to say, or no one is patient enough to listen. So I say nothing, and sometimes being made to say nothing hurts worse than any verbal insult."

I agree totally, but more often than not the things I need to say, want to say, I end up not saying on the assumption that they don't or aren't going to care...so why bother wasting my breath. Probably why I don't talk much in real life. I'd rather blog about it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you about the weather. I can't waite to wear my winter gear!

Blogger Miz JJ said...

My mom frustrates me too at times, but I remember her intentions are always good and she is doing the best she can. Even if I feel like it is not good enough. You know it's the season for that type of thing now ;-)

It is very cold here. You could wear your new fall gear where I live!

Blogger eclectik said...

Hey you!

Bad Business and so not cool on the kid

Miss this blog :)

e.

eclectik-relaxation.com

The Message board (Grown folk talk)

Blogger Leoninatl said...

I feel you on that little snot nosed kid. If I was his parent, I would've checked him REAL quick.


Also, I'm going to try and bite my tongue this coming up week cause my dad and I don't exactly have the best relationship in the world, but we're civil to each other. My brother on the other hand outright doesn't even talk to him anymore. This should be interesting since he'll be in the DC Urra for Turkey Day to.

I hope you have a good holiday.

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Umm I would have smacked my kid I tell ya some folks...LOL @ your mom sad but sometimes they get like that and think nothing of it...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer