.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, July 02, 2007
Weekend Wrap Up
I'm so offended that it's Monday again and I'm back in the corprate cubicle trying to look and be important, when I could be outside enjoying what was supposed to be my vacation. Damned senior level employees snatched up all the good vacation days, hmph. I want to go back to my weekend. BOOOOO. Ok, I'm done whining now.

My weekend was nice, and the weather was soooo beautiful. D and I actually got to spend the whole weekend together for once. I absolutely hate his schedule!! But I guess that's the life of a cop. BOOOO. Damn, I need to work on sounding more grateful. Anyhoo, we went to dinner and he kept saying, "Do you know what tomorrow is?". I was ready to stomp my feet like a two year old and tell him to 'Gimme my ring!!'. But I just played along.

Saturday we went to a cookout a few of my friends were having and had some less than yummy grilled food. I mean, how do you tell the hostess that you don't want anymore food because the burgers taste like sautéed tractor tires? Her man, who did the cooking, went on and on and on and on about how good his cooking was, but me and D had to hit CVS for some Pepto Bismol after we left. All I could think was the part of 'Rapper's Delight' that goes "...you ever went over your friend's house to eat and the food just ain't no good...."

Afterwards, we drove around for a little while and we pulled over and he gave me my ring. YAY!! I would go into more details, cuz it's much better than it sounds, but he wants to do that himself. He'll be doing a guest spot this week so he can explain it in his own words. He doesn't even read this blog, but he wants his side of the story out there. Cute.

So skip to Sunday. We went looking seriously at townhouses again, cuz we just found out that our rent is going up and will be about the equivalent of what our mortgage would be for a house in our price range. We found one that we absolutely love, and we're getting started on the paperwork now. I'm skurred and excited all at the same time. So much is going on in my life right now and I don't know what end is up, but I'm enjoying it.

The rest of the day we just chilled and had dinner outside. Nothing special, but those are the best days.

Hope yall had a good weekend!


10 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

AWWWWWW

YES!!!!

I'm so happy for you I know the scared and excited feeling only I haven't gotten a ring yet LOL

Of course it was wayyy better than what you said...can't wait to hear his side of things :)

Blogger Tenacious said...

CONGRATS!!!!

I'm glad you had a great weekend over all *I swear the weekends go by extremely too fast*

I'm waiting for the detail :)

Blogger JustMeWriting said...

Good morning lady...sounds like you had a pretty good and relaxing weekend. The only good thing about this week...it's the DAY OFF for the 4th...plus we get off early the day before.

Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Congrats on the engagement and the ring sweetie.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. It's them "nothin' special", chillin' and dinner outside days that we long for when we meet our Katrinas. Many more to you and D.

Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

So you guys have officially made it official huh? :-D
Wow...that's great.

Blogger Ladynay said...

AWWWWW he wants to tell how it went down *cheese*

Don't remind me that it's Monday! My couch has called me 3 times telling me how much it misses me! ROFL!

Blogger dc_speaks said...

the chicken tastes like wood? hahahahahahah

or did you have to get a bottle of KA-O-pectate...man i need to listen to that right now

Blogger Jameil said...

daaaaaaaaang girl! your life is on the gangsta roll!!

Blogger BK said...

LMAO @ the bbq food..

and CONGRATS!!! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer