.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Yowza!
Damn, talk about bad news. I was peeking through the newspaper today and saw an ad for the position I was just hired for, and not even 30 minutes later I got a call stating that the company has to renig my offer due to budget constraints. They would have to pay me so much less that it would be worthless for me to take the job, so they're looking for *ahem* less qualified candidates who would be willing to accept less money.

So what is a chick to do?? They'd given me the offer, so naturally I quit my old job. Common sense...call the old place and try to chat up getting my old position back. Not so fast, they already have a new candidate set to start making *surprise* less money.

Oh my stars! So I'm back in Monster's arse throwing my resume around like confetti. Thank God the bills for the month are paid and Hunny's willing to help me out for a lil while. But seriously, this ain't cute. I've never been in this kind of position before, and I know my worth in the job market so I won't take just anything.

Akkkk!! So I'm throwing it out there...if any of yall either work in or have some connects in the Healthcare Admin/Finance industry, lemme know.

So like on "Good Times", I gotta say "Damn, Damn, Damn!!!" Pray for me yall.


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! Like you said, at least your bills for the month are paid. That sucks though. I didn't know a job could do that. Well I guess they can do what they want but dag!

I hope you find something right for you real soon!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's messed up. Hoping you find the job for you!

Blogger Leoninatl said...

Damn! I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm looking for a job like crazy, and the last thing I need to hear is something like that if I'm offered one.

Good luck with finding a job.

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

What in the devil?! How you renig on somethin like that..I tell ya...I'll keep my eyes peeled..did I spell that right LOL

Blogger deltaforce said...

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I don't have any useful contacts in the Health Care industry, but will keep an eye out.

In IT, god knows there are 100,000+ jobs.

Check out NIH in Bethesda.

Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

That is shady as hell...I can't believe they did that!

You're intelligent and qualified to get the right job...don't give up because you'll get it.

Blogger Sister Toldja said...

Damn, sis. I am so sorry to hear that. I have been in a rough spot before- I just started working last week after five months of unemployment (and you should certainly apply for unemployment benefits, btw. You should get a decent little check too!). I was pure hell and it will be months before I fully recover fiscally. AND Moms lost her job the same week I lost mine! All that to say, it could be a lot worse. And you are far more qualified for the sort of work the Urrea has to offer than I am, so I'm sure in a few weeks you will be straight. I have your email addy and I will certainly forward you anything I hear that sounds good. What is your degree in? Try MonsterTrak as well as Monster. Keep your head up sis, this won't be your plight for long!

Blogger Jameil said...

that is crazy!!! ugh. how do you RENIG on an offer?!?!?!

Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Damn sister, I'm praying and also on the look out. I was supposed to get over to Ft Belvoir to check out some joints with the VA.

I'll keep you posted.

Blogger Amar said...

Geez, the job market is all effed up. Companies keep recycling the less qualified so they keep their payroll low, it ain't right.

You doin the right by throwing your resume around, keep at it and the right job will come along. Like you said, don't take just anything either.

Blogger Paula D. said...

Aww damn!!!!! I've never heard of that happening before!!!! You know what, it seems bad, but it is probably a blessing in disguise. Keep your head up & know that something wonderful is coming your way :-)

Blogger Miz JJ said...

That is terrible. I can not believe they did that to you. I hope you find something soon!

Blogger Ladynay said...

I had no clue employers could do that!!!

I am a strong believer that everything good or bad happens for a reason.

Blogger aquababie said...

that was some bull....! if i knew something, i would spread the word. thank the creator things are taken for the month and you have help if you need it.

Blogger BK said...

Damn.. well Tasha get at me on email.. I'll see what I can help you with.. I got a few things open and may have something at my office as well

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer