.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, April 13, 2007
Back in Business
Yesterday, after getting that really jacked up news about my job and tossing my resume around like a crazy woman, I remembered that key phrase ingrained in my mind during undergrad--NET-friggin-WORK. I called up an old employer from NY, knowing that they have some outlets and connections in this area. In all of about an hour or two of conversations with HR, my old supervisor, and the hiring manager here, I found myself back on their payroll with state-to-state transfer complete. This was a company I did a modified internship with, but decided not to go full time with after graduation. I always liked the company, but wanted to get my feet wet with other companies before I made the move to the Urrea. Lucky me, cuz that is definitely NOT standard protocol for a company that daggone big.

They were more than happy to immediately welcome me back to the company, and my old supervisor basically gave the hiring manager here instructions to hire me post-haste because she remembered how good of a worker I was and just knew I'd make a lovely supervisor.

So ya girl is back in business. But my buddy JJ came through again, and let me know that there is some legal recourse I can take against the organization that screwed me over. So I will be contacting an employment attorney, not just for me, but to make sure this same bull-ish doesn't happen to someone else.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and good karma. You all are great!!


7 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

whoo hoooooooooo!!

Blogger Amar said...

NET-friggin-WORK. Awesome.

Congrats and good luck with the legalities, hopefully you see some dollaz for your "psychological duress".

Blogger Ladynay said...

That's what's up! Congrats!

Blogger Lola Gets said...

Congratulations! You worked those contacts, baby!
L

Blogger Gunfighter said...

Again. The power of prayer, Tasha!

Congratulations!!!!!

Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

Congratulations...that's awesome!

Blogger BK said...

Ok well DO DA DAMN THING.. but my offer still stands :)


and yes NETWORKING is da BOMB!!!

never burn a bridge.. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer