.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, July 09, 2007
The Homefront
D and I didn't get back from NY until 11 last night, so him and I both were looking like creatures from the undead this morning. We had a better time than expected, but we're glad to be back. It is always nice to go home though.

On the way up there, we narrowly avoided getting run off the road by a drunk driver. We were in Delaware on 95-N, when some drunk fool came over into our lane without looking to see if there were cars over there. If it weren't for the space near the guardrail, we would have been smashed into oblivion. We knew he was drunk because we saw the empty bud cans in his backseat once we were able to regroup and get past him. We called the state police and gave the tag #, but that was really the best we could do.

We got to my mom's around 3AM and hit the bed hard. This isn't the first time he's been home home with me, but we still laughed about the two of us sleeping in my childhood bedroom. The next morning, he came with me while I got my hair re-braided. He made it the whole 5 hours without complaint, and even garnered a bunch of compliments and a discount from the people doing my hair.

After that, I took him around to meet some more of my home crew, and we drove around to see what's changed over the years. We caught up with a few people and had some laughs and drinks, and all was pretty nice. We ran into my ex, who was looking completely to' up, and dude actually had the nerve to say, "Well, next time you come home I'mma be looking better. I'mma have to step up my game cuz you went to DC and came back all bougie". WTF dude!? D was choking laughing and handed dude a napkin and told him to start with wiping the sweat off his forehead cuz we don't do shiny in the Urrea. I.was.finished. LOL

The rest of the weekend, we got spoiled by my parents and enjoyed lots of mom-cooking. She took us shopping and let us feel like guests in her house rather than grown kids home to visit. Of course all her friends had to stop by to get a good look at D to make sure I'm not making some horrendous life-mistake with him. He got the nosy middle aged woman seal of approval all the way around. Yay, I guess.

The ride home was a nightmare though. We got caught in so much traffic and again almost died on the road. A deer walked out of the woods onto the highway with all the cars doing 70-75 mph. The car in front of us just missed hitting it, but the car next to it wasn't so lucky, so Bambi got f**ked up. ***warning, nasty stuff*** The head bounced off of the top of our car and its innards went flying. We pulled over to check on the guy who hit the animal, and thank God he was okay. His car wasn't too jacked up aside from some side dents and a broken tail light. He was shaken up but able to drive off. Our car was fine, but we had to get it washed obviously because it was hot and we didn't want baked on Bambi stuck to the paint. Gruesome, but it could have been MUCH worse, so we were thanking Him all the way home.

It was a great lil getaway, and I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as well. The cubicle plantation is negatively affecting my soul today...I think happy hour may be in order this evening.


10 Comments:

Blogger Fergie said...

Enjoyed your post. Wishing you liberation from the cubicle plantation...

Blogger AR Gal said...

"we don't do shiny in the Urrea"
*dead* lol

Glad ya'll made it there and back in one piece. Those were some scary moments.

Blogger BK said...

glad you had a good weekend!

Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

Glad the weekend went well.
LMAO @ "Bambi got f**ked up** girl....you are too much.

I needed a good laugh...
Knew I would get one if I stopped by your spot.

Blogger The Detective said...

Oh my...Poor Bambi. I am glad you guys are ok and that you had a wonderful weekend.

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Cubicle plantation LOL..you are silly girl.

EWWW dead deer too nasty

Glad you had an enjoyable weekend with D...you guys are too cute!!

Blogger Gunfighter said...

"...so Bambi got f**ked up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll bet he did!

Blogger Ladynay said...

I am sooooooo glad Bambi didn't do much damage! Them things total vehicles!!!!

Even gladder (yeah I typed gladder) that D got the unspoken family approval. :-)

"baked on Bambi"
"we don't do shiny in the Urrea"

You two are funny! A definite match.

LOL

Blogger Leoninatl said...

I'm glad you made it back in one piece. Hitting a deer ain't a good look at all. I'm from Mississippi, and Bambi will fuck your car all up.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer