.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Sick on a Snow Day
It snowed an inch overnight, and it seems like just about every school in the DC Urrea is closed or on some kind of delay. This is pure comedy to me. Back home in the tundra, an inch of snow is nothing but an annoyance. I saw people here stocking up on water and batteries like the apocalypse was coming. I'm afraid to see what would happen if we got some real snow here.

Anyhoo, I'm home sick today and probably tomorrow too. I fell and busted my ass in the shower last night and ended up bruising a kidney and at the doctor today found out that I also have a kidney stone on the same side. So I'm in take it easy mode all day since I'm in pain. I'm gonna try and get my taxes done and catch up on some at-home paperwork. But more than likely I'll fall victim to my sofa and these horse-pill painkillers I was prescribed and end up napping like the doc told me to.

What a way to enjoy a snow day right? Two thumbs waaaay down.


10 Comments:

Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

So sorry to hear that. Wrap up, have hot cocoa and get better soon!

Blogger Tasha said...

Thanks! That sounds like a good plan.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better! nothing worse than feeling sick :( soak up on the television though. i don't know about you but reality-tv shows always seem to be a good anti-dote to feeling ill!

Blogger TDJ said...

Ouch! Sorry to here that Tasha. Relax and try enjoy the time away from the office. At least you aren't out there driving with the nuts. You know this morning rush hour was ridiculous right?

Blogger Miz JJ said...

I am going to be extra careful doing my thing since reading this post. Feel better!

Blogger TNDRHRT said...

Ouch! I worked from home today because I'm still battling a cold. Have I rested since waking up this morning?? NO! Should have because my head feels tight. I did get some work for work done and I got my taxes done. C'mon refund checks! Get better, sweetie! And, yes, rest just like the doctor said.

Hey Tasha-

Take care of yourself! Leave those taxes and that extra work alone, they will be there next week! Get all the rest and sleep you can!

I see you laugh at the closings around here too! You know what really brings tears to my eyes? When they start closing schools the day BEFORE the first snowflakes are PREDICTED to even start falling!

I see you're from Albany! I have a friend that is from Buffalo who works with me and I'm almost embarrased to be late to work [in front of her] when we get a mere inch or two of snow!

Take care and rest up!

Blogger Gunfighter said...

Sorry to heawr that you are unwell, Tasha.

Get better soon... and if you need anything, let me know.

GF

Blogger Jameil said...

bruising a kidney???? wth??? that is insane! i really miss snow days. its so sad to write about more than 400 closings or delays for the kids in pittsburgh b/c its too cold (-10 to -20 windchills) for the buses to start and i still have to go to work. boo. hoo. i can't imagine growing up in upstate ny. southern born and freak out when they say anything more than 3 inches. i'm like wait a minute, you don't mean HERE, right? sigh. when is spring coming?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The secret to having a successful snow day is to get snowed in with someone special.

Signed,

Mr. Bella Noire Hopeful XXVIII

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer