.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, March 12, 2007
Weekend Rewind
Spent the weekend with Hunny as usual. We don’t get to see each other too much during the week since we have opposing schedules—he works midnights and I work the usual office slave schedule so we get a half hour a day if we’re lucky. Me and the girls usually hang out during the week, so don’t get to thinking that I’m neglecting the rest of my life in favor for PoliceBoy/Soldier/Hunny/Dat Dude (or whatever I feel like calling him that day)

Friday night we took it down memory lane and went to Toys R Us. We bought a big huge box of Legos and played for a while. It was nice to feel like a little kid for even just a few hours. We ended up at a Spades tournament and hustled the hell out of his friends. We were like, “Uhhh, it’s been a while since we played Spades, but sure we’ll give it a shot”. Had the other teams screwing up books, underbidding and what not. Yeah, we left there with pockets a little heavier. Watch us turn into the Bonnie and Clyde of the Spades Tournament circuit or something, lol.

Saturday we chilled and ran errands, did all the grocery shopping for his place and such. It was the first time we’d really done all of that together, and it felt natural doing so. He mentioned it first and I couldn’t help but agree that we should just consolidate our grocery shopping and stuff since I’m always at his house. I told him I’d have to think about it, but 5 minutes later I said ok. I have no idea what that means, but I guess I’ll find out when I go grocery shopping for my place this week. I normally fight my instincts and over analyze my interactions with guys, but with him I’m just letting things go the way they go and so far things seem to be falling into place. He gave me the spare key to his place and his car. I told him he’d get my spare keys in due time…probably sooner rather than later.

We planned on going bowling, but we went to 4 different bowling alleys and they all told us that we’d have to wait like 2 hours for a lane. It was not that important for us to be in rented shoes, so we went to Fridays and got our serious eat on. That man can EAT!! I don’t know where he keeps it all, cuz he’s not a huge dude. 2 racks of ribs and half of my steak later, he was done. I was dumbfounded. No cow is safe from him!!

Sunday we pretty much stayed in bed till about 3. I haven’t gotten that much quality bum time in forever. We played video games and watched cartoons, ate breakfast in bed. Beautiful! *sigh* We headed to his sister’s house later on for her birthday party and to see his new niece. She’s soooo adorable! His dad’s side of the family was there along with everyone I’d met already, and I see now why no one really likes his dad’s people. They had some of the stankest attitudes, and gave me the 3rd degree about where I’m from, what I do, etc etc. His sister basically told them to leave so the rest of us could enjoy her party. DAMN, she just kicked gramma and ‘nem out! But once they left, it was cool. Just the family I’d already met and some friends. I’m surprised at how they’ve just welcomed me into the family the way they have. I’m definitely happy.

Now I’m back in the office trying to look busy, and trying to act like losing an hour of sleep over the weekend hasn’t messed with my soul. I really miss that hour, it was a good hour…


2 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

LMAO @ kicked grandma n dem out!!! hahahaa sometimes you gotta do that..

glad to see you and multiple name dude LOL are doing so well.. maybe this time its for YOU.. don't overanalyze.. just enjoy the blessings each day... He seems to be very serious about you.. giving you spare keys to da crib and da car.. :) YOU DOING SOMETHING RIGHT..and that sounds like PERMANENT fixture in my book :) LOL

Enjoy your week.. and don't trip off the hour.. you'll be fine by april 1st LMAO

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

AWwwww as funny as it sounds I love grocery shopping with the babe..we are always running around like lil kids

I'm happy that you're happy :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer