.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, March 01, 2007
I Be Jammin
I be jammin, and not with Bob Marley either. I be traffic jammin, baby! Every day this week, I've been met with some outrageous traffic, so I thought I'd start taking pictures of the ish that I deal with so I can show my bosses, and make a case for letting me work from home. Here's what I've come up with so far:

(Tuesday Morning--I-95 S near the I-495 split near College Park)

(This Morning--American Legion Bridge I-495 S **30 minute delay for what??, there was no accident, no nothing!!**)

(Tuesday Evening--merging onto I-495 N near Tyson's Corner)


(Yesterday Evening I-495 N just north of Tyson's Corner)










Now I know that might not look all that bad, but it took me almost an hour to go five miles on the way home from work yesterday. I live 30 miles away from my job. Still, that might not sound bad...hour and 45 to get home. But when you know the road is 'sposed to look like this:












(Even with NO snow, the road is usually clear) then you know something's got to give. I've missed out on lots of events with my crew because I'm stuck in traffic. Sure, I do take Metro often, but even then, I still have to drive to the train station and from there drive to wherever the event is.

I'm thisclose to putting in my resignation because the commute is kicking my ass worse than a soccer player wearing metal garden spikes for cleats. Commute + job drama= time for me to find something else. Maybe I just need an extended vacation

Guess I'll be digging around mon.ster and all that.




B-day countdown: 6 days


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...how can I say this best...ummm I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Every morning. 495 traffic to Bethesda. 27 miles. 1 hour on a good day.

Blogger Miz JJ said...

I have a thirty second commute. I walk and it takes no time at all. I could not have it any other way.

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Man I guess I can't complain cause I can take the bus to the metro and be fine...but that traffic going towards TYSONS ain't no joke on any day so I feel your pain....

Blogger Jameil said...

i know that area! that's where i'm always like, hey! i need to turn on PGC! (when i'm driving from Pittsburgh to Hampton).

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer