.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I Quit Dis Bitch!!
The Offices of La Bella Noire


February 28, 2007


Tom
Myspace.com
Somewhere on the Internets, USA


Dear Tom,

I am writing to inform you that effective immediately, I am resigning from my position as a member and "friend" of your website.

This decision was difficult for me, as I have mostly enjoyed my tenure with this organization. After much decision, I've decided to move on to Fac.ebook or perhaps another site, but it is beneficial for the both of us if I end this relationship now.

Everything with us started well, posting pictures and locating old friends. But after a few months, the foolishness started. A friend request from "Jessica" started the downspiral. I checked her profile to see if it was someone I knew, and I saw all kinds of images that are unfit for human viewing. In the months following, I got many many similar friend requests to the point that they were spam. I also got many requests from profiles that "no longer existed".

That didn't bother me so much, but 'Space, you failed me miserably. I thought you were supposed to be on the lookout for nassy sexual predators. I know I'm nowhere close to 13 or 14 years old, but I thought you were here to protect us kinda old heads too. See, "Datnygga", "Shlonglonggin", "69_ways2_moan", and a number of other special individuals all sent me messages with varying degrees of indecent proposition in them. Even after denying their requests, ignoring messages, and sending angry messages in retort, some still refused to leave me alone. I veribly wish you wouldn't have allowed them to approach unsuspecting females in that manner.

While I know this isn't your fault, all the grown people with kids who still pose in nearly X-rated photos is appaling. I don't want to see a "big booty gyal" picture and then "mommy of the year" when I scroll down. I also dislike seeing people in relationship drama over their space on the "Top #" or because of a comment someone left. Again, while I recognize you are not totally at fault for this, I have been disenchanted because of this.

I have real life, flesh-and-blood friends, and because of Crackspace, I've been able to reconnect with quite a few of them. For this I am thankful, but it is now time for me to move on to less dramatic pastures.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for such an interesting experience. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Respectfully Submitted,
La Bella Noire


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one beautiful thing about the Internet. It's making more obvious than ever before the difference between race and class.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, this is too funny! When I was in college back in the mid to late 90's, chat rooms had just gotten off the ground and my friends and I had some of the nastiest chat sessions with some of those men(lol). This post made me think of those "good old days".(lol)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean someone took my screen name "69ways2moan". Blasphemy!!!! Nah but seriously, same thing happened to BlackPlanet. That's why I haven't logged on in months....

Blogger Amar said...

Ha! mySpace is the Devil's playground, i recently deleted my page too.

SMH & LMAO @ "Schlonglonggin".

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. I avoided Myspace up until a couple of months ago (the production company insisted I net work with DJ's and industry folks)

Oy veh. Wild world there.

Blogger Jameil said...

lmao!! you are too funny.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer