.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, March 05, 2007
Weekend Recap
Really didn't do much this weekend. Friday I was supposed to go to a baby shower, but it got postponed because the girl went into labor early. She delivered that night and had a healthy baby girl. Good for her! Her mom said she’ll reschedule for sometime next month. So since that got cancelled, Hunny and I went to dinner and stopped by his parents’ house for a while. This was the first time I met his dad and his grandmother, but it was nice. I heard his gramma say, “She’s a keeper”, and according to him she doesn’t like anyone, so I felt all special. She kept holding my hands and saying “welcome”. It was kind of strange, but I know that grandmothers sometimes do that kind of thing to show their acceptance.

Saturday, we woke up and went to breakfast and had yet another deep conversation. These conversations are becoming a weekly ritual, and I kinda like it. Now we’re talking about me moving in with him around June or July, after he transfers to his new agency and I transfer out of my current job. We both threw out the “L” word, and it was just right. We’ve been talking since November 3 (even though “us” is pretty new), but neither of us realized that it was March 3 until after we both put the “I love you” out there. I can’t believe it’s been four months already!

He went out with his people, and I went shopping and to the movies with my crew. We ended up seeing “Zodiac”. It was kinda creepy, but I guess worth my way-too-damn-expensive movie ticket. Me and the girls went to LOVE, and for some reason it seemed like we had the sketchy stalker-wannabe men trying to hook up with us. All of us have boyfriends, but none of these dudes were trying to hear that. I felt like we were in that “I Gotta Man” song from back in the day…

Me or one of the other girls: “No thanks, I gotta man”

Sketchy Man: “What’s ya man gotta do wit me?”

Me or girls: “I gotta man. Sorry.”

Sketchy Man: “I’m not tryina hear dat see”

It was nice to spend some time with the girls, since we don’t usually get together for more than brunch. It was also nice to spend some time away from the boys. Went back to Hunny’s place after the club.

We woke up Sunday, went to church then went to breakfast. We had the WORST service ever at the place we went to. The waitor was new, so he didn’t know that he didn’t have to reach over our food and pick up dirty napkins. I had to smack the poor child’s hand when he crossed over my food the second time to pick up a straw wrapper. I had to tell him that busboys do that after we get done eating. But of course, Hunny told the waitstaff that we were celebrating my birthday so I got free cake--yumm!

After breakfast, stopped by my place and fed the animals, then went back home (I call his place home, lol). We played Madden most of the afternoon, then I cooked dinner—I was feeling adventurous, so I decided to go on the patio and break out the grill. I thought it might have been too cold outside for all of that, but it was actually just right (either that or I was feenin for fresh air and didn’t notice).

I had the beginnings of a migraine last night, so he ran to the pharmacy and got some extra meds and stayed up with me until 3AM when I finally was able to fall asleep. Today I’m luckily avoiding a serious migraine (they usually knock me down completely for about 3 days), but my head still hurts and I’m fighting sleep like a summamabitch. I might go home early today and work on this headache and try and catch a nice nap.

I hope yall had a good weekend!


**Birthday countdown: 2 days**


1 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

i love the "talks." and he does too. we really learn things about each other like that. sometimes it annoys/baffles me that we still have so much to learn about each other and we've been friends for 6 years, dating almost 15 months.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer