.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
I Done Been Taggedededd
Gunfighter has tagged me, so I suppose I'm obligated to do this. And I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to know more about the oddball that is me. So here goes...

Six Weird Things about La Bella Noire:

1)I think in French. English, French, and Patois are my so-called "home languages". Most of the time I think in French and most of my dreams are in French. If you catch me counting something out loud to myself, more than likely it's in French. I'm more articulate in English, but you get the idea.

2)I was supposed to be a twin. Apparently I had a fraternal twin in utero, but I was the superstar so I crowded him/her out and took over. Essentially, I prevented the twin from growing too much past embryo state. Sorry twin!

3)I collect tap shoes. As most of you know, I've been tap dancing for 20 years so of course I have a fairly large collection of my own shoes. However, I collect other dancers' shoes as well. I have pairs from very famous dancers, and some from my competition over the years, as well as some from the students I've taught.

4)I'm hopelessly addicted to Dunkaccino. Most every morning, I go to Dunkin Donuts and get a medium sized one of these coffee-cappuccino-chocolate concoctions. I can go without them, but somehow regular coffee just doesn't have the same special je ne sais quoi.

5)I'm actually ambidextrous. People say that they can switch hit with their penmanship skills, but usually one hand is weaker than the other and it's visible in their writing. Me, I switch up at will, and my writing looks no different whatsoever--and yes it's neat. Usually, I write with my right and eat with my left.

6)I can ride a unicycle and juggle at the same time. When I was 10, I went to clown/acrobats camp and learned how to be a clown. I also revisited my talent in college, when I took a PE class that taught basic clown skills. I'm a "certified" clown and sometimes perform at children's birthday parties and the like.


That's my six. I don't know who to tag, so if you want to play the game and respond, go for it!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am woefully uneducated regarding the world and talent of tap dancing, but I always enjoyed watching Gregory Hines dance. That's probably really cliche, huh? Still... Do you own a pair of his shoes? What a cool collection that must be!

As for dreaming in foreign languages, that's not weird. I dream and do a lot of things in German.

Blogger Tasha said...

Not cliche at all. I do have a pair of his taps...just the taps though, the shoes have gone to another collector.

Blogger Gunfighter said...

My, aren't we a multilingual group.

When I was in high school, I had three years of Spanish that taught me just enought to pick out words, but was otherwise useless.

While I was in the service, I was stationed in Germany for nearly four years. I can get by in all non-technical areas. I can also get by in Japanese.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer