.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Too Good to Be True
Now, I do my fair share of grumbling about my job. Hell, I even come out and say stuff like "I can't stand this damn place, I'm 'bout ready to open up a can of whoop ass on these people". It's human nature, 90% of us don't like our jobs and want more money. So like normal people, I put my resume out on places like monster, craigslist, etc. I've gotten some great leads from doing so. That's actually how I got my current job.

However...like most people, I want to be my own boss, work for myself, and all of that. I want to sit in my pj's errday and make $$ (well I do get to do that now and then, but I digress). So of course I'm slightly intrigued by the email solicitations which say that I can do just that. But ladies and gentlemen, the shit is too good to be true, and sometimes an insult to our intelligence.
I get these emails that say stuff like "make $800,000,000 per year using our proven system....". So, me being the inquisitive type, I go to the website. Now they want me to PAY to get info about the "system" that's going to make me a rich woman. Hold ON! Flag, Foul on the play dammit. PASS INTERFERENCE! 15 yard penalty, no first down! If I'm looking for a job, doesn't that indicate that I'm lacking funds?? Why in the name of Pete should I pay to get this information? Yall aint special. Any other legit site tells me what they do upfront, and typically requires me to send a resume (novel concept right?!). If they don't, there's some type of interview or info meeting (a la Quixtar or Primerica) so I can decide what to do with myself. With these sites...not so much. So damn people, how dumb and desperate do you think we are?

Words to the wise...the emails you get from "Sandra Banklaw" saying that you qualify to get info about some system that promises to get you rich don't do shat but get them rich. If you look at the email address from which these messages are sent, it's usually something like lovelustvideotapes@hoihnauiwhr.com. DON'T DO IT!!

I guess we'll just stay in our cubicles a little longer. But if you've been bitten by the entrepreneur bug like me, check out legit offerings like the ones I mentioned above. And for the love of everything holy, STAY AWAY from Noni Juice sales! We can get that mess at the healthfood store.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer