.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, January 15, 2007
Thank You


Thank You Dr. King for helping to ensure that my future includes doors being opened rather than doors being shut. Thank you for fighting so hard for our people, thank you for standing your ground when others would have crumbled, and thank you for the ultimate sacrifice you made.

Most of us are lucky enough to have today off, but rather than sit on your behind and watch TV, go out and do something to honor this great man. Volunteer or even just read to a bunch of kids, just be sure to do something to help someone else realize their dream.

Again, thank you Dr. King for helping to make my dream a reality.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to work today, damnit!

But I had the opportunity of going to The King Memorial Center here in Atlanta last year for the M.L.K. Day celebration. It was an eye-opening experience, to say the least. We went to the church and they had a recording of him preaching and it moved me just to hear his voice.

The things he spoke of reguarding racism and being treated as a second class citizen are things I'm elated that I never had to go through. Thanks to a selfless individual like him, we never had to go through those things.

I think tonight I will watch Eyes on the Prize. Today it is raining here in Atlanta. Maybe I'm loking to far into it, but I think those are his tears because as a people we've regressed instead of progressed.

Happy Day MLK! You live in my heart and soul as a hero...

Blogger Gunfighter said...

Right on , Tasha!

Blogger TNDRHRT said...

Yes, I made it a DAY ON rather than a DAY OFF. Fed the homeless at the MLK Library here in DC.

Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

But today isn't the only day we should celebrate his legacy...every day we should live by his words.

Blogger Tenacious said...

"I Have A Dream" is still a very powerful speech and I get chills when I hear it.

Blogger Tenacious said...

@ Tasha

You know sometimes I just have to take it to the streets *lol*

Although...I really dont like the feel of Vaseline.

Comcast *sigh* they suck. They're always hearing my mouth about my internet, now they just come on time.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

inspirational legend that the world was blessed with. i hate hearing rumours that tarnish his name such as him faking his PhD. I just hate it so much - respect him for who he is and frankly he is not just an American icon but a global black icon for the world to look up to.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer